It’s the BIG ONE…
I found it difficult even speaking to a blade, let alone getting sensible answers from him, but I finally found TWO (yes, TWO sensible blades fans – hard to believe eh?) who use a WEDNESDAY message board – CongoMan (CM)and Billy 92 (B92) and here are their thoughts on tommorow’s match…
1. First things first – are you going up this season?
CM: Yes, its our season this time im sure of it.
2. And do you think we’ll go down? (Not hope!)
CM: Nope, theres 3 worse teams than you in this division.
B92: No but it will be very close for you.
3. The three former Wednesday players – who will be playing on Saturday?
CM: Possibly only geary and bromby, quinn is injured and out of favour anyway
B92: Quinny if fit, Bromby if fit.
4. And who’s made the best, and worst impression since moving to Bramall Lane?
CM: Bromby, hea has been outstanding, 1 really bad game on live TV against watford! gutted. Quinn has been excellent but inconsistent and geary has also done well. Gearys done less than the other 2 though.
B92: Bromby the best. been so consistent IMO. Worst? Don’t know cos I won’t slag a UTD player off.
5. Give us a run through who you’ve signed in the transfer window…
CM: Dyer – i thought he was rubbish, his debut was awesome.
Ade – great signing IMO excellent against reading
Horsfield – another good player.
Flitcroft – been there and done it, great cover.
Deano – DEANO!! legend.
Davenport?? On loan maybe…
B92: Dyer, Akinbiyi,Deane, Horsfield. All strikers who can and will score goals in this league.
6. Despite your position, some blades still seem ant-Warnock – what do you think the general feeling is about him?
CM: Behind him 99%, still 1% who hate him no matter what. United fans are fickle, when we win he is great but when we lose a few its warnock out
B92: Most fans back him all the way. I think he’s great.
7. Who are your danger men?
CM: At the moment its most definetly Micheal Tonge, everybody knows what he is capable of and he is most certinly backand showing it.Ifill is also playing well
B92: Tongy and Ifill on current form. Jags is due a good one and Akinbiyi is too.
8. If you could take one player from the Wednesday team to United who would it be and why?
CM: Wood without a doubt, top defender and we need one quickly. Was brilliant at bramall lane.
B92: Wood. the only Wednesday player who left an impresion after the Lane derby.
9. If you could send one player from United to Wednesday who would it be and why?
CM: Alan wright, he is so bad its untrue.
B92: Morgan. He can be a liability at times.
10. What do you hate most about Wednesday? (honest answers allowed!)
CM: I dont hate wednesday, any team who hates another has a sad life. Its a good rivarly but nothing more. You still think your a big club though! That annoys me.
B92: The arrogance of your fans.
11. What’s your most memorable Wednesday V United match?
CM: For me the 3-1 at bramall lane just for Brownys goal, even you lot would admit it was special
B92: The semi final defeat.
12. What do you think the score will be?
CM: I dont do predictions because they always seem to backfire but i will go for 2-0 united, Tonge and Ade the scorers.
B92: We will nick it with a late goal 1-2 or 0-1
Thanks lads – good answers, and not a pig related word in sight – brilliant. Who said the Sheffield derby was a torrid affiar?!
Next up – Southampton…
Who Are Yer?: Sheffield United
It’s the BIG ONE…