Date: 10th July 2018 at 7:00am
Written by:

With Jordan Rhodes speculated loan switch out to Norwich City said to be off over the weekend, it was being reported by a number of outlets late yesterday evening that the deal was in fact, now back on again.

The Star were amongst those to report that despite suggestions that the deal had stalled and subsequently been called off, it was now resurrected.

The striker was said to be close to completing his move late last week, but at the last minute, it fell through. However, a compromise was found yesterday evening on whatever the hold up actually was and the 28-year-old underwent a medical in East Anglia yesterday evening.

The £8million club-record purchase from Middlesbrough is one of our highest earners and we want him off the wage books as he has flopped at Hillsborough and only returned 10 goals in 55 outings. He’s also slipped behind Lucas Joao, Atdhe Nuhui and Fernando Forestieri in the pecking order and with finances tight a season long-loan suits our immediate purpose.

There’s little else yet in the news, but I’d expect far more later today as further information filters through and we might even get confirmation of the deal – unless it falls down again.

 

2 Replies to “It’s On, It’s Off – Norwich Move Is Back On For Sheffield Wednesday Striker”

  • A front two of Oliveira and Rhodes would strike fear into Any Championship defence. Good for twenty goals each if played together.

    • Not if he plays like he did for us…guaranteed if it goes through he’ll rediscover his form though!

Comments are closed.